Friday, January 18, 2019

dryer balls

Not much has been going on around here. All I really have to write about are these new dryer balls.
I hope you can keep from dozing off!


I had heard about these a while back. They are wool balls - a bit bigger than a tennis ball. You put them in your clothes dryer while your clothes are drying and they supposedly help things dry more evenly and eliminate static and help with wrinkles.

I have used mine a few times and I think they might help with all that a little bit.  The best thing about them is that they let me know when the dryer cycle is finished because the sound of them klonking around in there stops.

You can buy them on line but I found mine at W-mart. This box of 3 was just under $10.



I have the little flannel quilt put together except for borders.   I am considering not adding the borders.  If I stop here it will measure about 44" x 56"....really a perfect size for a crib or toddler quilt.



If I add the borders It would finish out at about 56" x 68" "(not sewn on here  - just seeing how it would look).   That's getting awfully large to use as a baby gift quilt.


This is a close up of the border print fabric.  I didn't choose it - it came with the kit.


I will probably end up adding it on for borders.  I think it adds interest and besides, what else am i going to do with it?


I found this scary photo when I was transferring pictures from my camera.  It took me a second to figure out exactly what it was.  It looked like some wrinkly body part that I'd never seen before!


It's the side of my hand!   I accidentally snapped the photo while I was taking pictures of items for Ebay.

Gosh almighty...when did it start looking like that?  I need some lotion or a tan...or both!









No comments:

Post a Comment