Wednesday, January 2, 2019

the Sasquatch made gift tags

I have all the holiday decorations packed away now but I wanted to show these personalized gift tags that the Sasquatch made.  I will be using them as tree ornaments each year.

He is quite the multi-talented fellow. These are cross stitched....


"LJH" for Lonnie, and "Mom" for me!  He added the year, 2018 on the back.  He did a nice job and I really like the colors and the design he used for my tag.  Of course Lonnie's is nice too - but more manly.

Even better...mine was attached to a stack of fabric that the Sasquatch picked out as my gift.  I have been combing through my quilt pattern books trying to decide what quilt I will make from it.


Actually, the Sasquatch had cross stitched a gift tag last year too.  Isn't this one sweet?
Totally unexpected.


Thanks again, Sasquatch!



Also Christmas related...on Christmas Eve I won this pattern in a give-away on a quilter's blog I like to read...Timeless Traditions / Norma Whaley.

Believe me, I never win anything and mostly don't even try. But, I was up early and beat everyone else to it.



This is an applique pattern - which I'm not very skilled at. But this one uses wool for the applique so that means no turning the edges under. It should be easier.

I like her designs and now I feel kind of bad because I copied this quilt of hers a couple of years ago without buying her pattern.  


That's not very nice but I will try to do better.  It can be my New Years resolution.


And a photo of poor grumpy Puss.  Having to stay inside with this rainy weather.  


You can tell by those laid back ears she she doesn't like it one bit!






No comments:

Post a Comment