Tuesday, January 8, 2019

still sewing the flannel quilt


I have all the blocks sewn for the flannel quilt and I'm starting to sew them into rows. It's a smallish quilt so it's going pretty fast.  I like these colors...mostly.   I don't really like orange next to green.


I am pressing the seams open rather than to one side so there isn't such a big ridge at the seam.


Puss likes to help with the lay out.


But she is a bit possessive when it's time to put things away!


I am thinking ahead as to what I will use as a backing for this quilt.  It would seem strange to use regular cotton on the back since the front is snuggly with the flannel.
If I used flannel on the back would it be too thick?  Would I use batting inside too?
Hmm, I will keep thinking about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment