Monday, January 28, 2019

more random things


My husband made a pecan pie!  He has been off all sweets for months (by choice) and he has been planning to have pecan pie as a reward.
I had saved a piece of our Thanksgiving pecan pie in the freezer but he wanted to try making one himself.

He looked up recipes online, bought his ingredients and turned out a lovely and delicious pie.


He did use a Pillsbury crust but they as good as homemeade.  Nice work, Lonnie!

**********

A friend of mine told me she was doing a big kitchen cleaning in January...sorting, organizing, tossing.  She said she had found a jar of spices that expired 9 years ago!

This made me think I'd better check my spices to see what was outdated.  Mine were okay but I did find this 20 year old package of food coloring!


I can't even remember the last time I used food coloring. The bottle of red was missing...probably used in strawberry pie.  I pitched the whole package in the trash. I don't think I will miss it.

********************

Can you see the erie glowing eyes in the photo below.  That is Puss - being bad.

I heard her jumping up there when my back was turned but it was too late to stop her.
I though I had her trained not to jump on the kitchen counters.



There was nothing I could do so I pretended not to see her but kept an eye on her with my phone camera until she got back down...to fridge...to counter...to floor.  I scolded her. I hope she made the connection and realized I don't want her to jump up there.


I have read that a few squirts of water from a spray bottle can discourage this type of thing. I think I will have one ready in case she tries it again, but I don't want to freak her out so bad that she hurts herself getting down...the little barbarian.



2 comments:

  1. Is that the one you converted the cooler for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she would never use the cooler bed but ended up being an indoor/outdoor cat while recovering from her spay surgery. She is mostly a good girl but sometimes has a spell of the cat crazies

      Delete