Monday, March 25, 2019

Puss meets a vulture

Actually these photos are from weeks ago. I had taken them with my phone and had trouble getting them to a place on my computer that I could access from my blog photo uploader.

The photos were taken through the window and door so I didn't interfere with this meet-up.

Puss saw the black vulture out in the yard and she wanted out the door so she could go chase it...but instead she stopped at the edge of the porch...and the vulture slowly walked toward  her.

They were about a foot apart.



I hope you can make out that photo.  The vulture is on the left, facing left, with it's beak pointed to the ground.  Is it showing submission? 

Puss just sat there and played it cool and soon the vulture strolled away.


 Puss started to follow....


But decided to hang back...



Then she got brave and went to crouch under that bush to the left of the bell post.

The vulture got fed up with all the bluffing and circled back around to strike this menacing pose...holding his wings open to look as large as possible while staring down the cat.



Then he turned and flew away.


It surprised me that the cat wanted to go out and confront the vulture because she has been afraid of the wild turkeys coming up in the yard...maybe because they are always in a group. The turkeys have also approached her, just curious like this vulture.




1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the all black Puss somewhat leveled the playing field with the black vulture? No way to know. Enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete