Friday, March 8, 2019

quilting progress

The quilting on my flannel quilt is nearly finished.  Even though I backed it with reqular cotton fabric - it doesn't slide around under the needle quite as smoothly. I suppose because it is a bit thicker.


Maybe another reason it is going slower is because I keep turning on Netflix "Grace and Frankie"

 It's a funny show but my problem is I keep pausing to watch all the scenes that feature their gorgeous beach house.  It is the stuff day dreams are made of...with the ocean right out their back door.
Quite different from the yucky weather here.



And I have been working with the leftover scraps and have a few more blocks made for a smaller quilt.



There is enough border fabric left over that I will be able to add it to this one also.

And enough episodes of the show left to get it quilted too!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Darla. Love your flannel block quilt. Great idea using regular fabric for back. Realize everything has its’ pros and cons. I’m somewhat taking a sabbatical from club here and there. Needing more time at home to get my organizing of all things in control. Keep up the good work, cooking, fun and mostly sharing. Miss your company at club. But, life changes along our journey for various reasons. Blessings, Sandy M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! It's good to hear from you. I had a lot to say so I sent you an email...hope your email address hasn't changed!

      Delete