Tuesday, April 2, 2019

raised garden beds

My poor cedar raised garden bed has just gave up and fell apart.  I can't understand why Lonnie's is still holding up okay (his is on the left).  They were put in at the same time by the same person (me).


I considered not replacing it.
In the spring, I get excited about growing vegetables but over the summer I get tired of weeding and watering them and discouraged when they don't produce like I think they should.

I was looking at some corrugated metal raised beds, thinking that they would surely last longer than the wood ones.
The Sasquatch offered to construct some for me, using sheets of corrugated metal from Lowes, but then I found these on sale on the Tractor Supply website.


The size is nice...35" x 46".  Maybe room enough for about  4-6 plants?

They were easy to put together and came with extra screws.   Tidy and attractive looking so maybe that will encourage me to take better care of my growing vegetables.


Of course I won't be using it here on the porch. It will go back to where the old one was.

Now I will spend more money buying dirt to fill them up than I would have ever spent buying the amount of vegetables that I will grow here.
Sheesh!

Spring is tiptoeing in...Daffodils are blooming.


The grass is looking green.      My Contorted Filbert is full of Catkins.


And we are having some lovely warm days!










No comments:

Post a Comment