Tuesday, April 23, 2019

something different for Easter


Recently, at a wedding we attended, they had sliced beef tenderloin on the buffet.  It was melt-in-your -mouth delicious. 
I am sort of embarrassed to tell you that as we were leaving, I noticed the buffet was still set up, and I went back in and got a couple more slices of the beef on a paper plate to eat on the drive home!
It was that darn good!


I have never cooked a beef tenderloin because, whoo-ee! they are pricey!


But when I began thinking about buying our traditional Honey Baked Ham for Easter dinner, I figured that this would be the perfect time to try a tenderloin instead. 

I got mine at Costco.  They had both Prime and Choice but I thought since it was my first time to cook one I would try out the lower priced Choice.


I scoured the internet for cooking advice.   I seasoned with garlic salt, cracked pepper and butter.



And baked at 425 degrees about 10 minutes per pound.   I didn't know it, but one end of the roast is thinner. You are supposed to tuck it in and tie with twine but I didn't have any.  But that's why it looks weird on the left side.



After you remove it from the oven , tent with foil and let it rest about 15 minutes.

Amazingly it came out perfect!



I can't say it came out as good tasting as the one we ate at the wedding though.  I wonder what their secret is.  Lonnie thinks it might be Lawrys seasoned salt.  He could be right.

I probably won't start a new Easter tradition with cooking a tenderloin but we need to work it in on at least one holiday each year.

Maybe my family would be willing to forego Christmas presents for a nice cut of beef instead?


No comments:

Post a Comment