Tuesday, April 23, 2019

since I am too chicken to pull the trailer


When Lonnie got me this Jeep we made sure to have it set up to pull a trailer in case we had to take the riding mower in for repair or whatever.
I kept thinking I'd practice hooking up the trailer and backing up in the yard with it, so I would be confident enough to take it to Lowes and get a load of bagged mulch or whatever.

I waited until no one was home to practice and after many attempts backed around a fence corner and down our other driveway.
I was pretty proud of my self until the Sacquatch needed to borrow the trailer one day and noticed the trailer fender was smashed in a little.
Sheesh! I didn't even realize when it happened!   No real harm done. He bent the crease back out a little. The trailer has a few years on it and is not a thing of beauty any way.

But is has put me off on thinking of trying to drive anywhere with it.


But here is something to make use of the trailer hitch!


A cargo rack.  The Sasquatch noticed it for cheap in the Harbor Freight sale ad so we went over and got it.   It's light weight and easy to lift, easy to attach.





I tried it out by buying just a few bags of stuff this first time.  It worked out fine. The mulch bags are lighter than this dirt so I might be able to get about six of them on here.


This will keep the inside of the Jeep cleaner too.

The straps also came from Harbor Freight.

I don't know...I might practice with the trailer again this summer when the ground dries out.

No comments:

Post a Comment