Tuesday, February 16, 2021

ice world

 Brrrr... Our weather was right for freezing rain.  An ice coating on everything.


I didn't take even one step out the door. The porch boards were as slick as an ice skating rink.




The ice is pretty to look at though, when you don't have to go anywhere. 
 There was very little traffic on the normally busy highway in front of our house, so maybe a lot of folks didn't have to go to work.  And our weather forecast warned us it was coming so everyone had a chance to prepare for it.


I'm warm and cozy inside and standing at the kitchen counter, pinning the layers of this quilt together to get it ready for quilting.



I won't be able to start quilting on it just yet. I need to clean and oil my sewing machine first, and right now furniture is moved around upstairs and blocking the closet where my sewing machine oil is kept.
We are getting some carpet replaced with new flooring so mass moving of stuff from one room to another.  A good chance to get rid of some stuff too.


No comments:

Post a Comment