Friday, February 5, 2021

crazy cat lady?

 Don't worry, I haven't turned into a crazy cat lady who will only talk about my cat...but with staying home so much because of the virus...ordering this new cat tree was a big event!

The cat has been inside a lot too, because of cold wet weather. She is still young and energetic and always looking for a high spot to jump to.  

I see her sitting and staring at the ceiling fans trying to calculate a route to take to get up to them.

I thought a new and taller cat tree might help keep her entertained.  I ordered this 72" tall one from chewy.com.

The delivery folks left it on the front porch. The problem was that I have the front door sort of blocked from inside with a big sheet of foam insulation to stop cold wind from blowing in through the cracks.

I didn't want to undo all of that so I opened the box to bring a few pieces at a time around to the back door since the box was really heavy.


Then, I had to make several trips up stairs to bring the parts up to the sewing room to set it up by the sunny windows there.  It was fine...I need the exercise!

It was over 2 hours before it was finished.

Puss knew just what to do so up she went.


There are two of those cubby hole boxes but she doesn't use them unless I am playing with her.
She does like the upper platforms and she naps there or just watches birds and squirrels in the back yard.

I noticed the platforms aren't very soft. Basically just furry material over plywood...no padding.
So, I made some flannel cushions to fit on them.

I used this sausage-dog print flannel, left over from a quilt back.



"WHAT?  Dogs?"   "So demeaning"




"Well, I just won't look at 'em".




Overall she is happy with it and she can watch me sewing without trying to get on on the table with my machine.
Just what we needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment