Friday, February 26, 2021

unseasonably warm

 We have had some sunny warm days. It seems like there are always a few of those every February.

I wanted to be outside to enjoy it so I sat on the back porch with a crochet pattern and a new skein of yarn.  It was still  cool enough for a sweater but it's so nice to sit in  the sun after a gray winter season.



The pattern I was trying out was for a zig zag afghan but after a few rows I decided I didn't like the way it was written so I unraveled it.
It was a free pattern from the internet so nothing lost.


How do you like my yarn bag?  Those cat food bags are such nice heavy plastic, I am always trying to think of how to use them.  I was going to try sewing handles on this one but instead...just cut some holes to put my fingers through.


Nah, even though I like orange this is just not very nice looking, and I have better bags...lots of them.

From the porch I could see some color on the Witch Hazel tree.  I walked over and found it's starting to bloom with it's fringy little flowers.


I still see a lot of buds so I think it's not fully bloomed out yet.


Naked Lillies pushing up their foliage testing the air.


All this can only mean spring isn't far off!







No comments:

Post a Comment