Friday, June 16, 2023

Garage going up!

 It's been interesting and exciting watching the new garage being put up this week.

After the materials were dropped off Tuesday...the installers were here Wednesday morning to get the work started.

After measuring and marking off the area, they went over the plan again with me and answered a few of my questions.

Their first step was drilling the holes to hold the post anchors in the ground.


I was hoping they wouldn't run into a lot of rock because that would have involved bringing in more equipment at my expense to bore through it.

Fortunately, no problems.

On Thursday, they had concrete brought in to fill in the post holes.



(I like to see men working!)




Well okay, you can drive through the yard.



Next, they framed the walls on the ground and raised them into place. 



By the end of the day,  they had the roof trusses and a few roof boards on.  


Today, just one man working on a lift, attaching brackets and other details.

Amazing how fast they get things done. Not at all like some workmen we have hired for home repairs and so forth sometimes in the past.  I'm so glad I went with this company.




No comments:

Post a Comment