Tuesday, June 6, 2023

ready for new shed delivery

 A couple of months ago I arranged to have a new storage building built.  

I started out just thinking I'd like something big enough to put the riding mower in with some extra storage space.

Then I thought it would be nice to be able to park a car inside...especially during nasty winter weather so I planned for a bigger shed.

The first step was clearing the area by having a tree cut down and getting the old shed moved out of the way.

That's the old shed in the photo below...the green structure behind the dumpster.

It's actually a box truck box. I was worried I'd have to pay someone to take it away but the tree company owner said he could use it himself and drug it there off to the side to pick up later.


Next it was time for McCoy Excavating to come in and level the area and spread gravel.
I expected him to need to bring in trucks of dirt but he said "Nope, I can use the dirt that's here".

He was a fast worker and had the area ready in a few hours. He will be back after the shed is built to do the finish grading.



Next will be delivery of the shed materials.



Unrelated, but looking out over that same area, a man flying a motorized parachute (not sure what they are called). I've seen him flying over occasionally for the past two summers.  I can hear him getting close but it's so strange to see a man suddenly flying out from behind the trees!




Here is a zoomed in photo. I think they are not allowed to fly over residential areas and he usually doesn't pass directly above the house.



The flying is probably a lot of fun but if would be too scary for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment