Wednesday, May 31, 2023

last day of May

 May has been a lovely month. Nice spring weather and not too hot.

I was happy to see blooms on this viburnum...



In February, I decided to try to dig it up and move it from the front yard.  I had been thinking of doing this for awhile...and during that time the shrub was really developing a big root system.

I started out digging, but the roots were too thick and deep.  I brought the Jeep around to try tugging it out...but my strap broke.

I asked The Sasquatch if he had some chains, then of course he came over to help me.
A successful extraction!


I thought it might not survive the move so I'm glad to see it doing okay.


Here's Puss. She is quite sure the new rug there is especially for her. The bare spot from her shave at the vet is filling in with hair again.



I cut out pieces for a quilt. Planning this one for a young lady getting married at the end of September so I thought fall colors would be just right.


I had Blankenship Tree Company out to take down a big pine tree close to where I'm having a new shed put up.

I also had them take down the dead Sycamore.  It was hollow inside and I was worried it could fall and squash someone.


It was a big old tree. Really majestic when we moved here but later became diseased.


I've spent some lovely peaceful evenings sitting on the back porch hand sewing.




Everything around is green and growing.



The little fat kitty spends the time catching up on some Zzzzs.


I went to a class at the extension office on growing plants for butterflies. It was interesting...a lot of good information.


They had some plants to give out to those of us attending.

I chose a Rattlesnake Master and a Hoary Vervian.  Both are plants butterflies lay eggs on and provide food for the larvae.

Oh, and one more photo from early May.  A deer up in the yard to eat some fresh green grass.



That wraps up May. I hope the nice weather stays with us during June,


No comments:

Post a Comment