Monday, May 8, 2023

ready for the pool

 Yes, I'm ready for the pool...to see it, anyway.  I won't be getting in yet.  I guess I'm just too old now to brave that cold water for an early season dip.

The guys from Dale's Pools came out and removed the cover and put it away, added chemicals and vacuumed a bit.



It was looking pretty nice when they finished.



Sort of tempting to stick a toe in, at least!



Later I noticed a leak at the pump...at the pressure gauge...which they remove when closing then reinstall in spring.


It's been a problem before.  

At least I was able to find a replacement gauge at my nearby Lowes and also a roll of the white vinyl tape to use since it's metal screwing in to plastic.

The old gauge had rusted and cracked where it joined.


I was feeling pretty smug about fixing it myself, but then I didn't have the magic touch and I wasn't able to install it with no leaking.

The Sasquatch saved the day. He took care of it - no leaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment