Tuesday, May 2, 2023

garden plants and art sale

 The Bullitt County Master Gardeners hold a sale at the extension office each spring.

Some of the members have booths set up selling plants and seedlings, and there are many vendor booths as well.

There are nurseries selling garden plants and also houseplants and outdoor perennials and annuals.  Others sell decorative garden items, local honey, birdbaths.

The Day Lily Society and the Iris Society each have a booth there, and one gentleman selling different kinds of mulberry bushes. A lot to look at!

I got there about an hour after they opened and there was quite a crowd there even though it was a drizzly morning.



A lot of the shoppers came prepared with wagons to haul their purchases around.

Lots to choose from.




I was tempted by a couple of house plants but didn't buy any.   I'm sort of wishing I had bought a couple of mulberry plants.

I spent a long time looking at these...bird baths and bird feeders made from older fancy dishware. They were really pretty and well constructed but prices were $75 and $85.
Maybe a bit too ornate for my backyard too...so I decided "no".



I came home with only a $3 red Begonia.  I've never had a red one. The bloom is so bright it's hard to get a good photo.


It's a nice event.  I hadn't been since the year before covid restrictions

I'll go back next year and maybe I'll buy one or two of those mulberry bushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment