Saturday, May 13, 2023

library crafts group

 Our new Bullitt County Central Library is remarkable. When we moved here in 1986 I would have never imagined having such a nice library.

Besides all the books, movies, audio books, games and more available for check out, there are also group meetings and activities for everyone.

I've been going to a 55+ coffee chat each week and one of the ladies there invited me to join in a crochet/knit group that has started meeting there a couple of times a month.

My Book Club meets there monthly and I sometimes go to craft group activities.

The craft days are fun. Usually a simple project for any age or skill level. Lots of socializing too.

Here's the latest project...weaving with a cardboard loom.


It could have been coaster sized if I hadn't woven so tightly in the middle.



This was a surprise...painting clear plastic umbrellas.


I decided on a white and yellow daisy pattern.






But at home, next time I opened it...a lot of the white daisy petals flaked off  to the floor!


Another time we made bookmarks.



Back before Christmas we made snow globes in jars.



It's a good way to get out of the house and meet with others.
We all have to laugh at ourselves when our simple seeming projects turn out so goofy looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment