Saturday, June 10, 2023

Sewing...then un-sewing

 I was making good progress piecing together quilt blocks for this latest quilt.  Fairly simple and quick to run all the like sections through the machine in a row.



But...ut-oh!  I did not pay careful attention to my pattern and I had to rip out seams on 16 blocks.  
So at 4 seams per block, that amounted to 64 seams to rip and re-sew. Sheesh!


In the photo below, you seethe top section is the way I wrongly put it together. The bottom section is the correct way.


So that was a lot of time spent. I guess I learned a lesson about checking and double checking, but it's a lesson I should have learned from sometimes goofing up on quilts in the past.


If you can stand a little excitement- take a look at these freebies from our electric co-op.
On customer appreciation day we can drive through at their office and get this "bucket of bulbs"  it includes the bucket, light bulbs, yardstick, magnetic clip and recipe cards.


Getting free stuff is always fun.  Things change though...they used to have a sort of annual outdoor meeting/picnic event with food, entertainment, give-a-ways, and fun stuff for kids.


And here's something that I'm glad to have checked off the list.  The tree company guys sent a truck to pick up the old truck box shed and haul it away.


It has been useful for the last 25 or so years, but to me, always an ugly thing sitting there out back. 
Anyway, I'm glad someone else can get some use out of it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment