Tuesday, July 18, 2023

getting ready for concrete

 The concrete men were here yesterday to get the garage prepped for concrete.



They had 2 more loads of gravel brought in. Once they smoothed that out it was covered with plastic sheeting for a moisture barrier, then a grid of rebar for added strength.

Concrete will be poured next week.

This company was easy to deal with.

The first company I had out gave me a job quote about one third higher.
They happened to come out to look at the job while I was at the grocery. They called me and I told them to leave their written quote on the back porch.
Well, when I got home they were waiting in the driveway and wanted me to go ahead and pay half down.  
I told them I wanted to get another price to compare first!

Heck, their written quote didn't even mention any details...like the thickness of concrete and so forth. I'm glad I didn't get tied up with them by paying ahead!




Unrelated...this afternoon we had another storm brewing.


Fairly strong winds. Enough to make me worry that that remaining tall Sassafras might snap.  All was okay though.


No comments:

Post a Comment