Thursday, July 13, 2023

What I'm working on

 I've got a few things that I'm working on.

I've finished hand piecing this long term Tumbling Blocks quilt top.  I had to do some math to figure out how to cut the side pieces...and the top and bottom pieces...different from the sides.

Anyway, I finished it while sitting on the back porch in the evenings.  Now I need to decide on  backing for it.




But first I will finish my main project...this quilt for a wedding gift.
It's not all sewn together yet. I am running into some difficulty with the thickness of layers of fabric in some places where the blocks join.

I will do as good as I can without fanatically ripping out and re-doing over and over.

I like this combination of colors.



I think I mentioned I joined a knit and crochet group that meets at the library twice a month.
I haven't crocheted much in the past few years so I was rusty at it. 
 First I was trying to make a ripple stripe afghan from an old pattern but it was uneven and my stitches were sloppy.

Then I found this simple pattern online. No long periods of counting stitches and good instructions for turning to keep the sides even.




It's a good back porch sitting project too.



Puss is doing a good job of demonstrating the term "lazy days of summer".


A nice aftrenoon nap in the cool air conditioning sounds like a good idea to me too!


No comments:

Post a Comment