Monday, July 24, 2017

sailboat quilt finished

Here is the binding going on the Sailboat quilt...


And here it is...all finished.  It might seem familiar looking...because, for the alternate blocks,  I used the same simple pattern that I used in the Ninja quilt.

Don't think I was getting off easy with those quick-to-sew blocks...the paper pieced sailboats were very labor intense!   A good challenge for me though.



This quilt is toddler sized too...about 41" x 50".


Sail away!


And there is that nautical fabric backing again - perfect to use with the sailboats.


I'd like to go ahead and give this one to the expectant mother, but I need to wait until I know baby's name to put on the label. So. I'll hang on to it for now.

I've had enough of the red,blue and gray color scheme for awhile. I'll be glad to get back to working toward my next finish...the scrappy nine patch quilt.
That one will take a while to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment