Friday, July 19, 2019

Gladiolus, also Puss the cat


This spring I remembered to add some wire supports around the Gladiolus before they started blooming.
When I forget to do this (usually), the stalks get weighed down by the blooms and end up growing horizontally.

These pretty bright pink ones managed to keel over anyway and were laying on the ground so I cut them to bring inside.


A couple of days later, I found some clearance ones at Walmart...75% off.  That was 75 cents per bag!  The bulbs looked good too - not soft or rotten.
Really, they are meant to be planted in the spring but I went ahead and put them in a flower pot. 
I'll move them to the flower bed this fall if they come up.



My funny cat, Puss.  Now she thinks that I should open the window for her every time I am sitting at my desk.  It's okay if the weather is mild like on this day.



It doesn't look very comfortable though!



And she can't sit up there if it's too hot or too cold...there isn't enough room with the window closed.

I bought a special cat perch that attaches to the window sill.  It was junky looking so I returned it.
I might try one that works with suction cups next. She isn't a heavy cat so that might work for her.


She likes to go for a walk in the woods with me sometimes in the evening.


She gives me an irritated look if I make too much noise while she is in hunting mode!


No comments:

Post a Comment