Friday, July 5, 2019

summer sewing

My new routine of early yard work gives me time in the hot afternoons to stay inside and do some housework   sewing.

I am making good progress on the 3D quilt.  I have several triangles made and I couldn't resist laying a few out together to see how things are looking.


 This is how the triangles will be sewn together in columns. 

So then I just had to lay a few more loose strips around to check the color contrast.


I am happy enough with how it's looking.   


Speaking of colorful...here is a cross stitch piece that the Sasquatch finished up one recent afternoon when his electric went out after a storm.  No TV, no internet, no A/C...and too hot to do much of anything else.


Awww, cute!
He said this was a quick and easy kit to do since the design was printed on the canvas...no counting stitches.  He bought it,and some others, on a website called " aliexpress ". Their items ship straight from China.

His stitching puts mine to shame.  The back of his work looks as neat as the front...no big raveling knots like mine - all the ends are woven in.  Just take a look....


So tidy and precise!  It would be a shame to cover it up with a frame.



Well, it's sewing time for me. I'll have to wake up Puss. She is sleeping in this window next to my desk and I need to close it now.


Wakey, wakey...







No comments:

Post a Comment