Sunday, July 14, 2019

trees - always trees

This time it's not falling trees...well it is...but it's because the Sasquatch cut one down.  It was an old diseased Sassafras.

What ever type of disease or fungus it was suffering with, caused some weird but interesting cankers in the bark.


It crossed my mind to have him cut these sections out and I would use them to plant someting in...hens & chicks, sedum, moss roses.


But, if they're full of dirt and flowers one couldn't see the formations.


But what about this hollow section? What a perfect planter!


Or this long piece below ? A good place to transplant some of my Hens & Chicks sprouts.
But it's pretty big...where could I put it?  I'll show photos if I figure out what I want to do.


Meanwhile, I bought these 6 new trees.  They are Green Giant Thujas.  
I'm glad I got them when I did because they were sold out (Lowes) when I went back to get a few more.  


I'd like to get them planted so that I don't risk letting them get dried out, but I doubt that I could even penetrate the dry, hard clay dirt with a shovel to dig holes for them.
And, once they are planted I'll have to carry water to them for a while...they will be far from the hose!



No comments:

Post a Comment