Monday, September 4, 2023

Burs and a hair trim

 Well, lazy me.  I haven't been keeping things weeded at all this summer. I have a whole list of excuses as to why I've been so neglectful...but none are really valid.

But the humidity is letting up a bit now, so I started pulling some overgrown weeds.

When bending to reach into the edge of this area, the top of my head touched right into the middle of a plant with burs.

They attached to my hair instantly.


I tried pulling the burs out but they became more tightly wound in. 
I tried getting my hair down from a ponytail to make it easier to pull loose from the bur...but that just made things worse.

I came inside and took a photo to see how bad it was.



It was hopeless.   All I could do was to grab the closest scissors and snip the burs out.


Not a very attractive hair cut but it will grow out.

I've had these burs on my clothes before but never in my hair. I will be sure to watch out for them in the future!



On a more fun note.  I went shopping at Trader Joe's.  I only go there a couple of times a year and it's always fun to see what different things they have.

I only picked up a jar of pesto for myself but picked out a few treats for the Sasquatch.




He liked everything but said the barbecued jackfruit was a bit strange to eat and maybe never buy that again.


No comments:

Post a Comment