Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Etown quilt show

 This yearly quilt show in Elizabethtown is one I really look forward too.  It is held by a local quilt guild there, Stitchers Quilt Giuld, a large active group.

I've considered joining that group but their meetings are in the evenings and like others my age, I don't like to drive far after dark.

Anyhow, two of my friends from Crazy Quilters went with me to the quilt show on opening day.

After paying the $6 admission, our first stop was their "General Store"...a huge offering of used books, patterns, donated fabric and more.

Cheap prices! It's hard not to load up!  


We made a quick tip back to the car to leave our purchases, then on to the rest of the show.

Next, we passed through the hall with the prize basket offerings. 
I have a negative never-win attitude with these type of things, but Isolde and Susan each bought a few tickets to enter the drawings.
Later, I found out that Isolde won one of the prizes. That's the second time for her!


Then, it was time to look at all the quilts entered.  This one was a favorite and a purple and blue ribbon winner.


Another favorite of mine.


A couple of pumpkin theme ones that caught my eye.



And a Christmas tree one there on the right that I'd like to make with some of my Christmas fabrics.


There were several vendors with goods for sale...machines, patterns, sewing tools, fabrics.


A big booth by my favorite bargain fabric store...Whittles.


Even barn quilts available for purchase.


 More rows of quilts hanging to admire.



I like this one. I have the pattern.


A real beauty here! Wool applique.




This one would be a good one to make to use up scraps.


It was a good show and just the right size to be able to see everything and buy a couple of things.

Here's the fabrics I bought at the general store.


Going with friends made the show more enjoyable...discussing the different quilts and noticing things about them I might not have noticed otherwise. 

Seeing all those quilts made me feel inspired to get back to working on my own quilts!


No comments:

Post a Comment