Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Finished that quilt

 Usually when I have a deadline for finishing up a quilt I have to drop everything else to finish it, or I am a few days or weeks late in getting it done.

Not so with this one. I have it done well before the wedding date at the end of September.


This quilt was a kit I ordered on clearance a while back. I have to say that the fabrics included are not the usual colors I work with, but it was fun trying something different.

This apricot colored fabric on the back happened to be a freebie. It was shipped by mistake with another online order and the company told me to keep it then sent the fabric I ordered too.

It was a good match for this quilt and I added the strip of leftover floral from the kit fabrics.



The quilt is for a young lady who works at our library. She hosts the Coffee Chat group I go to.  It's been fun listening to her wedding plans over these past months.



The quilt isn't really big enough for a queen bed but it's big enough to snuggle  under for a nap or for a friendly couple to  get cozy under while watching TV.


Maybe you can't see it in these photos but I did have some trouble with piecing this quilt.
There were lots of fabric layers when joining the blocks and things didn't line up perfectly.
I decided not to stress out too much over it. It's home made so for me, that means not perfect.


If I used this pattern again, I might use some narrow sashing between the blocks to better separate the fabric layers.

It was a fun pattern though and I liked how the instructions were to cut the floral motifs out of the border fabric to use for the center of the blocks.


I machine quilted this quilt with a spiral design.


I will take it in early before the next Coffee Chat. Hope she likes it!


No comments:

Post a Comment