Friday, September 15, 2023

Oh, Deer


What's this??   One of my little Gingko trees snapped in half.

Looks like it just happened - the leaves are still green.



These deer look like the guilty parties.  With all the trees in the woods, why do they have to come into my yard and snap my trees off?


I just recently removed the mesh net that I had around this Gingko and another one.
I expected some leaves to be eaten but not total destruction of the tree.

I know it's probably useless but I put the top part of the tree back on the bottom and wrapped it with gorilla tape.  It's worth a try, anyway.



I've been working on my crocheted afghan in the twice-monthly needlework group meetings at the library.   
I started on it just to use up leftover yarn, but now I've had to buy more new yarn to be able to finish it.  Lucky the same yarn colors were still available.


I made a different sort of chili.  In order to try to keep the carbohydrates low, I only added a small amount of beans, then added cauliflower and black olives.

It's okay. I probably wouldn't use black olives in a soup again. 



 A mound of shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream in my bowl made it more like chili.


It's a big batch, with plenty to store in the freezer.  It will be nice to have on a cold winter day.



No comments:

Post a Comment