Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Random stuff

 Well, I have a few random photos but not enough to really tell the whole story on any particular thing.

My Dad always invited family members for a fish fry in August in years past.

Things change though and after the loss of several family members, we didn't have the gathering.  But, my older brother was interested in getting everyone (all 7 of us) together, so we decided to do an easy version of the fish fry at my house.

By easy, I mean we bought the fish already fried from Mike Linnigs...and the hush puppies from Moby Dick.

I made side dishes and dessert.  The meal was good and with no frying no one had a greasy mess to clean up.

The Sasquatch contributed to our enjoyment...with a batch of hand cranked homemade ice cream. Half the batch was vanilla and half was a really good mint chocolate chip!



His cat was interested in the ice cream making procedure. I'll bet she could smell the cream.  Her name is Kitty.



I guess I was focusing on getting things ready for the gathering that morning because later I looked down and saw I was wearing 2 different shoes (again).
Luckily, I had time to run up and change before anyone arrived.



One of my side dishes was broccoli casserole.  It tasted okay but had a sorry appearance. The cheese had separated and the dish was runny.

I had quite a bit left over.

So, the next day, I went with the theme of "runny-ness" and made it into a cheesy broccoli soup...and also threw in the leftover roasted veggies.


Nothing  wrong with that.




No comments:

Post a Comment