Tuesday, June 10, 2014

making progress on the quilt

I am moving along pretty good with this quilt. I have all of the small units attached to the larger plaid units and a couple of the rows sewn together ( the ones closest to  the wall).

I have already had to partially take apart the rows I did put together...somehow two blocks with the same fabric ended up right next to each other. I thought about leaving it but it kept bugging me and it didn't take  long to redo.



I had hoped to finish this one by Fathers Day (ssh!) but I realized last week I just wouldn't make that dead line, so I have slowed down on it now - being more careful about trying not to get the block points sewn up in the seam but a few of them just seem to disappear no matter what I do.
 
I am already thinking about a border. Pretty sure I will use a darker blue.


With the yard work and sewing and quilter activities, I got behind on house cleaning and I started noticing these coming out from under the furniture!  Whoa!

There are some rainy days in the forecast this week. I can catch up on cleaning and maybe squeeze in some sewing too. You have to take breaks, after all !



2 comments:

  1. Your quilt top is gorgeous! The blues just pop. I really like that block and your color choices are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Ramona! I am really enjoying working on this one!

    ReplyDelete