Tuesday, June 17, 2014

that new car smell

Ahhh...that new car smell. It's coming from these new floor mats I got for the Jeep!


They aren't really there to protect the carpet, more to hide it really. They are molded exactly to the contour of the floor so it's a nice snug fit.

I had been thinking about getting some floor mats for awhile - then I had to order a new door handle/latch for the passenger door...and I needed a new door pull for the inside of the driver door (but they come in a set). By adding the floor mats to the order I was able to get free shipping.


My younger son removed the door panel and installed the new handle. Nice to be able to use this door again! It would open from the inside but it was an annoyance to have to go around and climb in to open it every time.

The new pull handles for the inside aren't on yet...the hardware wasn't in the box. I called the company (Quadratec) and they are sending another pair of door pulls, and they said don't bother returning these because shipping expense would make it not worthwhile to them. 
I have had a jury-rigged strap on there for awhile so a few more days won't matter.

I hope I'm not tempting fate by spending a little money on the Jeep!




No comments:

Post a Comment