Tuesday, June 3, 2014

my poor peas...and beets

I had taken a few photos outside and was going to show you that my peas were beginning to bloom...


But now they look like this...
 
Something, probably deer, have just chomped them all down.

And the beet leaves are missing too.  Oh well, such is life!
I just pulled up the stumps of the pea plants. That will make room for the other stuff.

The kale is looking pretty good. I think I can start harvesting leaves from it.


And, not garden related, but a problem almost solved... my husband used the ATV to drag "the stupid chunk of concrete" to the back of our property...close to a developing sinkhole that I have been tossing branches and stuff into.  Either I will see if Junior can tump it over into there or I will chip away at it a little more. 


The good thing is that it's not sitting in  the yard looking ugly...and now I can get that area leveled out and planted with grass.



No comments:

Post a Comment