Friday, April 24, 2015

progress on baby quilt

Yesterday, I didn't want to go outside and do any yard work..I think the pollen in the air out there is trying to kill me!
Maybe the windy days have stirred up a lot of pollen...something is different. I've been coughing and sneezing and going through tissues like there's no tomorrow! Normally I am not affected like this.


But I had a productive evening indoors and got all these squares sewn together for a baby quilt. I haven't given it a final pressing, yet.



It's going to have to be a bit wider and longer so I will be adding borders,  I was hoping to have enough of that dark blue background for an outer border with a red narrow border inside.
But, I don't have enough of either of those fabrics to do that.

I have plenty of yellow and also enough of the lighter blue checked fabric...but I'm not real happy  with those two for aa border.

Here is that combination laying beside the top (Along the bottom of the picture).


It's okay but not great. I need one of those stronger colors for borders.

I could probably find more of the dark blue print at the store.  A half yard would do it.

I will keep thinking about it but for now the grass must be mowed.
Wonder if I could wear a diving mask an oxygen tank on the riding mower? (to keep out the pollen, ha ha!)





No comments:

Post a Comment