Saturday, November 14, 2015

drip...drip...drip


My kitchen faucet has been leaking . I ignored it for awhile but it didn't seem to be healing on it's own so I knew something had to be done.

At first I just took it apart and cleaned the gunk from around it, and that did help a little, but there was still a drip, drip, drip.


Now, I could have ran down to Lowes and paid nearly $20 for a cartridge replacement, but I remembered that my Moen faucet has a lifetime guarantee on the cartridge. I called and they were polite and helpful, and my new cartridge arrived in less than a week.(no charge)


Of course if it had been a really bad leak, I would have bought one locally.


Now it's time to roll up your sleeves - and turn the water off under the sink.
You start by removing the little emblem...


Unscrew a hard-to-see little screw...


 Lift off the handle...


Continue disassembling... This little horseshoe shaped pin is last...and you don't really notice that it's there. If you forget to take it out you will completely trash your faucet trying to wrench the cartridge out.


This white plastic nut comes with the new cartridge and makes it easy to get it unscrewed.




Out with the old......


Then in with the new.  When I take things apart, I like to line the parts up in the order that I removed them.
Yes, I did learn this the hard way!


Mission accomplished!  



It's amazing how much easier the faucet works with the new parts in. Smooth!


No comments:

Post a Comment