Thursday, November 26, 2015

ready for Thanksgiving?

Are you ready for Thanksgiving?

We are!! I did a few things ahead last night...

Cooked cranberry sauce...



Made pie crusts and baked pumpkin pie and pecan pie...


And because we all have our favorite "wouldn't -be-Thanksgiving-without-em" desserts, I made a graham cracker crust for a cheesecake (the Eagle brand kind).


Also boiled and peeled eggs for deviled eggs. The bread for my dressing has been torn into chunks and drying since Sunday.

I took out the trash and noticed we have the most gorgeous full moon...with a sort of colored halo around it.


It was hypnotizing!


But, I came back in and put an extra leaf in the table. Not because we are having more guests - because we need more room for food!

I always like to extend my table and see this neat-o gear thingy that allows the table to slide open smoothly. That's the two extra leaves stored right underneath the table.


Then I got my turkey plates out of the closet...



Now, quite a few things to do this morning.





Happy Thanksgiving!







No comments:

Post a Comment