Friday, November 27, 2015

the day after

I had good luck with my turkey dinner yesterday.  Every thing was done on time...and no disasters.


Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, Pillsbury crescent rolls, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, broccoli salad, and deviled eggs.


We ate all we could hold and then sprawled out on the front room furniture for awhile...until we had enough room for pie.


Plenty of pie! Pecan pie, pumpkin pie and cheesecake.


Later I helped Chopper and the Sasquatch load up containers of leftovers to take home with them and we still have enough food for a couple more dinners plus turkey for soup.


And then it was time to restore order in the kitchen!  Every surface was covered with drips and crumbs and dirty dishes. 


I am particular about things and such a messy cook that I really don't want anyone helping  me with the clean up.



It didn't take very long anyway and I won't be cooking for a couple of days - just heating leftovers.







No comments:

Post a Comment