I have finally finished up this quilt that I've been showing you for a year. It's all quilted, and the binding is on.
It's roughly 66" by 86".
Made as a block of the month project that my friend Joan hosted for our quilt group members.
Here is Joan's finished quilt. Same pattern but done in this gorgeous red, black and white combination.
Another member of the group has finished her quilt too, but I forgot to get a photo. She had used pretty spring colored fabrics and made her quilt as a gift for a preteen girl.
My quilt wasn't made for anyone in particular, so now I'm not sure what I will do with it.
I started off with that black floral fabric (which I've had for ages), and picked the block colors to coordinate with that.
But then what happened is, I ran a little short on the black floral fabric. Hence, the borders on top and bottom are skinnier than those on each side. But I don't mind.
I've had lot's of compliments on the backing I pieced together. It was a good place to use that large scale print fabric that was too pretty to cut up.
You can see the texture of the quilting here on the back too. All free motion quilted on my domestic Brother sewing machine.
Maybe I will just keep this quilt for myself!