Monday, September 12, 2016

mac-corn-roni and cheese


This week I tried out two new recipes for Sunday dinner.   The first is one that I jotted down while reading blogs, and now I can't find it again to even link to it or see what it was called.
I remember the blogger said it was really good, though.

When I told Chopper what ingredients go into the dish, he immediately come up with the name....

Mac-corn-roni and Cheese
1 can corn (do not drain)
1 can cream style corn
2 cups un-cooked macaroni noodles
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, chopped into small cubes
6 T. butter, chopped into small cubes
3/4 cup milk


The instructions are easy...just put all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine.
Pour in to a greased casserole dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes...stirring half way through. 


We had this for Sunday dinner, along with Sadler's beef brisket, Caesar salad with asiago cheese, buttered mixed vegetables, and Sister Schubert's dinner rolls.


The mac-corn-roni was okay. Sort of sweet because of the creamed corn and the Velveeta cheese (which has a sweet taste too).  It definitely needed black pepper added.

I think it would be a good hearty casserole with some browned ground beef mixed in...and maybe a can of diced tomatoes.  Some members of my family liked it but another said it wasn't really an improvement over regular mac and cheese.  Not sure if I would make it again or not.


The other new recipe is a cookie recipe that Chopper found online and emailed to me. It's what we had for dessert. The cookies are good!


This recipe is a keeper and I'll show it later this week.


It was a lovely evening. Perfect for porch sitting.  I went out there with my journal, some catalogs, some hand sewing and my tablet.  Also my camera and a big glass of decaf iced coffee.


Of course, it's getting dark earlier now, so I didn't get around to the sewing at all, and only part way through the catalogs.
We'd better enjoy this nice weather while we can!




No comments:

Post a Comment