Monday, September 26, 2016

roast beef - again

I keep a written record of my Sunday dinner menus...so I don't make the same foods too often. Some times I just look back through it to get ideas or even repeat a meal exactly.

Actually it hasn't been too long since we had roast beef, but it was so good last time, I thought my family would be ready to eat it again...and besides...the roast has been taking up a lot of freezer space!

We had roast beef, mashed red skin potatoes and gravy, Grands biscuits, creamed corn, peas and broccoli salad.



Dessert was a choice of chocolate pie or banana cream pie, topped with sweetened whipped cream.



I have quit trying to make a cooked creamy pie filling from scratch...too many disasters!
But, I have found the Jello Cook and Serve pudding mix makes a good filling that you can depend on not to turn watery. I use a half cup less milk than the pudding directions  (for the big box).

At least I made the pie crust from scratch.  I have never mastered the fancy fluted edges so my crusts aren't pretty, but my husband always tells me he likes them.




Hoping we get a good amount of rain today. I've really had to keep an eye on the plants I've planted this year to make sure they don't dry out. A lot of water bucket carrying!

2 comments:

  1. Sounded so good I got a chuck roast. Picked out one with a nice fat rind to there will be tallow Yorkshire puddings. Thinking about the ham in the basement... Maybe try using ham grease for York Holler Puddin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really yummy and I bet it did taste good too.Could you please share the recipe of roast beef.

    ReplyDelete