Monday, March 17, 2014

enough with the snow, already!

More nasty weather Sunday. Sleet and rain in the afternoon...finally turning to a light snow in the evening.


I think we are all ready to see the last of this kind of weather.
Brrrr!



A good evening to finish my entry for our library "Art Fest" contest. The theme was "Women's History Month".    It had to be 8x10 inches or less.

This is drawn on muslin..colored with crayons..and the quilt is tacked on for a three dimensional effect. I had a little trouble getting her hands on TOP of the quilt...finally used some stiff interfacing.
In her "thought bubble", she is remembering where each piece of fabric in her quilt originally came from..old clothes,etc.



My friend, who works at the library, said she was worried they wouldn't have many entries since it is a new program. It sounded sort of fun so I told her I would figure out something to enter. 
 When I showed it to Lonnie , he said.." Why is there a dinosaur walking out from under the quilt?".   Humph! It's not. Just so you know - that is the back end of a cat, walking forward underneath the quilt.

So much for my artistic abilities, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment