Friday, March 14, 2014

time to add borders

The top is pieced on my Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt. I decided on the layout with colors mixed in the zig zag light/dark pattern.

Now to add borders. I have some deep blue, which isn't actually in any of the blocks but I think it would look okay.

The other choice would be one of the brighter reds that IS in some of the blocks.

Here are both..laying along the side of the top.


Oops, I didn't get much of the blue in that picture!

Here are both colors with a little strip of gray added  in between .

 
I like the gray up against the red or blue but not really up against the pieced blocks.

I could do 3 narrow border rows..red, gray, blue. I don't want this quilt to be really big. Not a bed quilt...more for just snuggling under for watching TV or napping.
Here, it is laying on a queen sized bed so This is going to be plenty big enough with another  4 or5 inches of border all around.

 

I am leaning toward using the blue. Almost positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment