Monday, March 31, 2014

quilt display for middle school students


Back in late January, our county extension agent asked for volunteers to display their quilts for a class of middle school students. These students had been doing a unit on quilts and the history of quilting.

The students were to interview several of us quilters, asking some questions they had prepared ahead of time.

We set up our display in the school library...

Some brought antique quilts or family quilts...

Some brought their first quilt...

A quilt made for a grandchild...

I brought this quilt I had just finished...

I look pretty mean, don't I ? I believe I was giving some serious thought to a question I had just been asked...but I need to quit looking like that!

Oh and that is the teacher on the left in the pic above...not a "held back" student!

One last quilt pic..


It was a fun thing to do and the students had some really good questions. 
The extension agent invited us back a few weeks later to assist in teaching the students to make a simple nine patch lap quilt. It would have been so fun but I had another commitment on the day of the class.
Maybe next time?






No comments:

Post a Comment