Tuesday, March 25, 2014

finished the quilt!

Finished the quilting and sewed the binding on the Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt.

I do my binding completely by machine. First sew it to the back...


Then fold to the front and sew. Sometimes I use a zig zag stitch but this time I used a straight stitch....


I took the finished quilt outside for it's photo shoot.


I need to figure our what is making my edges ripple. I think either I am stretching too much when sewing on  the binding or the walking foot is gathering up too much fabric.


One more photo to show the quilting stipple...

Got it labeled and delivered to the recipient, my uncle, who has faced some serious health problems in the past few months. Not a good time to give a quilt -  with warm weather around the corner...but made it in time for his March birthday anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment