Saturday, March 8, 2014

new rug for back door

We recently had a new door installed (still needs painted) It is nice and certainly seals out the cold air better than our old one.

You know how one new thing makes your old things look bad ? I realized my door mat was looking pretty scruffy.



Back when the boys were living at home and when Lonnie was in and out taking care of the horses, I needed a heavy duty door mat at the back door.
This time I decided to pick out something a little prettier.  I looked on Amazon and found a reasonably priced rug that was listed as a 2' x 3' size.  The description said it contained some wool, so I thought it would be pretty absorbent.

A few days after ordering I received this...


Yes it is pretty but definitely not 2' x3'. That is a 32" wide door.  Way undersized.
So, I emailed the seller (through Amazon) and told them the rug was not as advertised and that I would like to return it for a full refund at no expense to myself.

Within hours I had a reply that a refund would be issued and that I should just keep the rug.
I doubt it would have went so well if it hadn't been through Amazon.

Next, I did what I should have done to begin with - went to Lowes to look for a rug.
I found this nice one with a practical dark background. A nice  size!


I am happy with this one but I tend to want to step over it so I won' t get it dirty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment