Wednesday, March 19, 2014

more work on Scrappy Mountain Majesties

This quilt seems to be coming together without any major problems.

Had a minor problem when I was spreading out my batting on the floor (like you might spread a blanket on the ground for a picnic).

I took a step forward just as I was lifting the batting ...of course I stepped right on it and pulled out a plug. It looks bad but is easily repaired.


Got it layered then used the kitchen peninsula to safety pin the layers together.


I am trying something different...this flannel for the back. Usually I use cotton.

Check out those cute weiner dogs! 


Now to the machine to quilt a stipple pattern.  The flannel back was no problem to work with. Pretty linty though. I will have to give my machine a good cleaning when I get this finished.


It is much lighter in the room than it looks in the photos. The work is going pretty quickly!




No comments:

Post a Comment