Thursday, October 23, 2014

finished that crib quilt!

That baby girl crib quilt is finished except for filling in the name tag when baby arrives.


Normally, I wouldn't have put a 12" block in a baby quilt - usually choose a smaller size. But in this case I am happy with it. The large blocks and bright colors give it a modern look (to me).
It was fun to work with these girly colors after finishing three "man quilts" this year.


Finished size is roughly 42" x 54"
 I quilted it more closely than I've done on some of my larger quilts.  I like the scrunchy texture it gives.


 There is a small problem with edges that aren't lying flat. I know it's from stretching the sides when adding binding. This is something I really need to concentrate on not doing.  It's happening when I am trying to hold both pieces taut as it goes through the machine.  Remember to relax!

I had a strip of border stripe left over, so I added it to the backing between a pale yellow stripe fabric and a scrap of  Easter fabric that has baby chicks with brightly colored bonnets...cute,cute!


So happy to have a quilt  finished before a deadline. I hope I don't have to keep it so long that I get attached to it and don't want to give it away!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby quilt. I'm sure she won't mind if the edges are a bit wavy. The quilting adds such nice texture.

    ReplyDelete