Saturday, October 11, 2014

took care of that mailbox

Here, you can see why our poor mail carrier had to tell us, "Your mailbox needs attention".

The poor  thing was leaning at a crazy angle (the mail box...not the mail carrier).


It didn't take long to fix it up. I had to dig down a little...pull out the post...clean out the hole...then put it back in straight. I jammed some rocks around it and packed the dirt down tight. I looks much better! 
Pretty good even!


Let's see how long it takes for someone to knock it down.


Also, the pool is now "closed for the season". It really looks like winter is on the way once that cover goes on. 


Lonnie has a few green peppers left on his plants...he is trying to coax them into maturing before a frost.


Our grass still looks like a hay field from where it had grown so tall when the mower was broken.  I want to cut it one more time this year to see if I can make it look a little better.





No comments:

Post a Comment