Monday, May 4, 2015

5 minute chocolate mug cake

A few years ago, my quilt group, Mt Washington Quilting Bees, compiled recipes and put out this cook book as a fund raiser.


All the recipes that I have tried from the book have been good, but this one is the one I have used the most...


My husband has a sweet tooth and likes to have a small goodie each evening after dinner. This is quick to put together if I don't have any other sweets in the house...and it's chocolatey and good!


I make it in this small Pyrex bowl instead of a coffee mug. I can easily see it as it cooks and I like the shape of the finished cake.


I don't add the optional chocolate chips..it's plenty good without them. 

All mixed up and into the microwave... 


The instructions say to cook at 100 watts for 3 minutes.  I just use full power and cook less than 1 1/2 minutes. That seems to work fine but I really need to try it the correct way.

Done after about 75 seconds!


Turn it out on to a saucer...


Eat it warm...

Or dress it up with whipped cream



I recently came across a similar recipe for a yellow cake with a crumble topping.  I guess I will be forced to try that one out too! 
I will let you know if it's good!




No comments:

Post a Comment