But I decided to just go with what I had enough of...which was the lighter blue check...and now I like it just fine. I did put some colored patches in the corners to fancy it up. (well I chopped the corners off in the photo, but you can sort of see them in the farther away corners)
Now, I need to press it, then pin baste it for quilting.
I am planning to use a swirly quilting pattern to compliment the swirly print in the dark blue fabric. I practiced on paper. The paper on the left is the stipple that I usually do. On the right is the swirls.
I'll do some more paper practice before get started quilting.
This is the fabric I will be using for the back. I was thinking it had an 'outer space' theme but it turns out to be 'superheros', which is just fine for a boy quilt anyway.
Speaking of which...the baby boy was born earlier this week!
Now that I am under pressure to finish, maybe it will go more quickly!